Ten enterprising Korean startups have been selected to attend a six-week workshop that will help prepare for global expansion. The six-week program ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’, organized by Korea Business Angels Association, will be held from July 22 to August 26, 2021, with a combination of offline/online sessions. The workshop will prepare the 10 early-stage startups for overseas expansion, establishing strategies for advancement, creating IR decks, and practicing pitching in English.
The ten startups, which are participating in the ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’ are as follows:
- Deepscent: The startup provides custom scented services through Fragrance On-Demand (FoD) technology. It combines customer scent preference data accumulated from FoD services with IoT smart home, olfactory environmental data, and biometric data to expand its service to (1)B2C smart home FoD service (2)B2B Fragrance as a service (FaaS) service (3)FoD sleep care service.
- Deep Hearing: It has AI-based technology to make a speech, sound clear even in a noisy atmosphere. The startup provides voice enhancement solutions to manufacturing and service companies such as video conferencing platforms, mobile phone providers, and tablet PC manufacturers.
- Mirint: The startup provides an allergic rhinitis treatment/prevention medical device that improves symptoms of allergic rhinitis by using low-power laser therapy (LLLT) and provides customized prevention information. It is dubbed as a next-generation rhinitis treatment device that can prevent allergic rhinitis.
- Weddell: The startup simplifies the access to parenting information through a single mobile platform. Currently, Weddell provides professional content and recommended products based on data and AI and plans to provide ease on parenting and every decision they make.
- Alsemy: The startup has developed an AI-based semiconductor device modeling software. The self-learning AI model accurately predicts device behavior through user inputs. This model is used in circuit simulations to enable accurate prediction of chip operation.
- Espreso Media: It is an AI-Based SR solution selling to Media, Security Edge AI applications.
- Klleon: The startup has developed Deep-learning based video-generating SaaS for companies. The S/W product can generate voices, images, and videos using scarce sets of data with the few-shot learning technology.
- Omolle: Omolle’s MATIV is the interactive fitness service using the world’s first interactive multi-fitness smart mat. Nearly 40,000 sensors paired with an armband tracks each independent movement to provide accurate analysis and feedback while a user follows the numerous range of exercise videos on the app.
- YeTech: A LTCC foundry service with communication equipment parts and multi-layer board manufacturing technic using co-fired dielectric ceramic below 900℃ through 3D stacking with Ag, Pt electrodes.
- JONGDAL Lab: The startup has ‘Buja Market,’ an O2O service solution that forms DB of fashion subsidiary materials of fashion market quickly, and search/recommend items using AI image search technology
‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’ program
The TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021 program will be held online/offline at TIPS Town in Seoul(TIPS Hall, B1). There will be one workshop/lecture of about three hours duration every week starting from July 22 to August 26. On July 22, the first session will be held online, and in subsequent weeks, the sessions will be offline/online, with startup founder teams attending workshops at TIPS Townhall and mentors conducting sessions either via online sources or offline. The program will culminate with a networking pitch day on August 26.
Weekly program details:
- July 22: Building Local Community – The startups will learn the importance of building local community using an ambassador program or other community-building strategies
- July 29: Brand/Marketing: The startups will be mentored about marketing growth KPI calculation (+ Matrix) & how to track current marketing performance.
- August 5: Sales & Distribution: Topics like sales Growth KPI calculation (+ Matrix) & how to leverage software tools (like Linkedin to increase) to increase Sales & Distribution will be covered.
- August 12: Team Building: The startups will understand the value of being a great leader and building an efficient team.
- August 19: Making a IR deck: The startups will learn to make perfect IR decks for pitching to potential investors.
- August 26: Pitch: On this last day of the program, startups will be encouraged to make compelling pitches.
Global experts and mentors expected to join the program are Sunny Midha, Principal at Principia Growth, Buddy Rathmell, Founder/Investor at 4BAM, Vinnie Lauria, Founding & Managing Partner at Golden Gate Ventures.
- SGSC Global Bootcamp 2021 sessions end; Participating Korean startups’ final pitch on June 24th
- South Korea’s government aims to attract global startups with its residency and acceleration program
- TIPS X beSUCCESS Korean Startup Showcase; Day One: 11 startups pitch and exchange ideas with a panel of top-tier investors & corporate strategists
- Korean accelerator FuturePlay partners with ITB to explore investment in Indonesia startups