Nine Korean startups have been selected to attend six-month program ‘2021 Tourism Startup Global Challenge with. CNTTech’ that will help prepare them for global expansion. The program organized by Korean government organization Korea Tourism Organization will be held from September 2 to 30, 2021, with a combination of online sessions. The workshop will prepare the early-stage startups for overseas expansion, establishing strategies for advancement, creating IR decks, and practicing pitching in English, Closed IR.
The startups, which are participating in the ‘2021 Tourism Startup Global Challenge with. CNTTech’ are as follows:
- Gleam Media Group INC.: The startup operates the StarPlay service, which was started in 2019. It is a platform that currently has 5 million users of global K-pop fans. StarPlay, which started with a voting system and advertising service for K-pop artists, is now expanding into its own content and vertical shopping mall system.
- POPPINGCAR Co. Ltd: The startup provides a basic service concept to utilize the exterior of the car sharing vehicle as a billboard to lower rental costs. It provides users with a low price and advertisers with mobile billboards. The service is provided to customers at one-third of the daily-rate price of the competitor.
- THE SWING Co., Ltd: It is the largest electric scooter sharing service, deploying 25,000 electric scooters in Korea.
- BRUSH Theatre LLC: The startup creates values for people to embrace culture and arts in their daily lives. BRUSH Theatre provides new original contents for audiences at any age, such as Immersive Theatre, Musicals and new forms of art.
- Seoul Unniedeul The startup has established one of the first K-beauty commerce platform, Star Secret Korea (SSK), in Myanmar. SSK’s audience base can enjoy various K-beauty content and upcoming beauty product reviews curated by professional Korean and Myanmar beauty editors. Customers can also reliably purchase products customized to suit their skin needs through 1:1 consultation services provided by SSK’s online admin.
- AMP Inc –Amp provides services for global K-Pop fans. It is based on the open market trend where fan-made goods are traded. AMP is running an all-in-one platform Duckzill that includes services such as delivery, logistics, and CS.
- Hotsunny co.,ltd : The startup has developed a solution to help self-guided travelers find places to travel without knowing any names. Its platform CoolP shows things to do at travel sights with short personal videos shared by travelers, easily sorted by places and activites. Users can pick a place or an activity and flip through videos to see what they can do there and also get information of the name and location of the place.
- Jienem is one of the largest accommodation distributor in Korea, partnering more than 1,700 mid-size accommodations, Jienem recently launched the new service, UNBOUNDI, a brand & contents franchise platform for hotels to customers, providing reliable services and staycation packages.
- Travelai Co. Ltd: The startup has developed a platform for local creators to leverage their talents and locations to provide unique experiences that can only be obtained at their destinations. Various creators can create content and sell talent and travel/leisure products online and offline through the platform.
In addition, this program includes a special seminar ‘Global expansion seminar’. The seminar will be one workshop/lecture of about two hours duration every week starting from September 2 to 30. On September 2, the first session will kick off with session on sales and distribution. The seminar will culminate with a networking pitch day on September 30.
‘Korea Tourism Organization Tourism Global Challenge 2021’ program
The Korea Tourism Organization Tourism Global Challenge 2021 program will be held online. There will be one workshop/lecture of about two hours duration every week starting from September 2 to 30. On September 2, the first session will kick off with session on sales and distribution. The program will culminate with a networking pitch day on September 30.
Weekly program details:
- September 2: Sales& Distribution +How to measure sales Matrix – Topics like sales Growth KPI calculation (+ Matrix) & how to leverage software tools (like Linkedin to increase) to increase Sales & Distribution will be covered.
- September 9: Online Marketing in SEA market – Startups will learn about local online marketing strategy and utilising major local online sales channel information.
- September 16 : Making a IR deck – The startups will learn to make perfect IR decks for pitching to potential investors.
- September 23: Pitch Day 1- The startups will be encouraged to make compelling pitche and learn about making perfect presentations with feedback from experts.
- September 30: Pitch Day 2 – This will be second Pitch day and final day of the program.
Global experts and mentors expected to join the program are Aaron Everhart, Country lead, Vietnam at Draper Startup House, Stephen Stromsoe, Founder at Stromsoe Consulting, Winzendy Tedja, Founder and CEO of Yuna.