The K-Startup Grand Challenge 2023 (KSGC) has received a high number of applications this year. A total of 1921 applications from 108 countries were submitted for South Korea’s largest accelerator program. KSGC is an excellent opportunity for businesses looking to expand in Asia. It is a 15-week an all-expenses-paid residency program that will take place from July 25 to November 10. The program is overseen by the Ministry of SMEs and Startups and organized by the National IT Industry Promotion Agency.
The application process for KSGC took place from April 10 to May 18, 2023. The organizing committee announced the completion of the application stage on May 19th. The selection committee will now review the applications until May 26. Applicants can check the results and updates on the KSGC website through the
“MY PAGE” section.
Out of the applicants, 60 startups will be selected for the program. These startups must be less than seven years old, have representatives of foreign nationalities, and aim to establish an innovative technology business in Korea. Startups with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or specific plans to relocate their headquarters or establish a company in Korea will be given preference.
The evaluation process for KSGC involves two steps: document evaluation and global audition evaluation. Criteria such as problem recognition, feasibility and differentiation, expansion plan, and the team will be considered during the evaluation. The 2023 edition of KSGC focuses on startups operating in deep tech, with a specific focus on eight sectors: e-Commerce & Retail, ESG & Green Tech, Food Tech & Agri Tech, Healthcare & Bio, IT & Software, Mobility & Robotics, Manufacturing & IoT, Metaverse & Media.
|Application deadline||5.18.2023 (Thu) 16:00 (Korean Standard Time)|
|Document evaluation||Scheduled 5.19.2023 (Fri) – 5.26.2023 (Fri)|
|Audition evaluation||Scheduled 5.30.2023 (Tue) – 6.2.2023 (Fri)|
|Final result announcement||6.15.2023 (Thu)|
|Program participation||7.25.2023 (Tue) – 11.10.2023 (Fri)|
|Additional participation period (for TOP 20 at 2023 Demo Day)||12.1.2023 – 3.29.2024|
For further information ,
- visit the website – https://www.k-startupgc.org/
- check the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/kstartupgc)
- visit the LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/kstartupgc) for more information and further updates.
- K-Startup Grand Challenge 2023: South Korea’s premier global accelerator program invites tech startups to seize a unique opportunity for growth
- K-Startup Grand Challenge 2022: Startups grow your business in the world’s most tech-savvy country South Korea
- K-Startup Grand Challenge alumni startups find success in the Asian market
- K-Startup Grand Challenge 2020 gets 33% more startup applicants than in 2019