KOCCA – Korea Creative Content Agency successfully organized an event “K-Content Startup in Japan” on October 28th at the Mita Campus of Keio University in Tokyo. The event had 10 Korean startups present their business prospects, products, and services to potential partners and investors in Japan.
The “K-Contents Startup in Japan 2019” was conducted in three parts. Part one held individual business meetings with the 10 Korean startups, and part two consisted of the10 Korean startups giving presentations and a panel discussion with experts. The third part of the event was a networking opportunity for the exchange of ideas among the participants.
Prominent Speakers & Attendees
The event had prominent speakers like Mr. Ichiya Nakamura, Professor at the Keio University’s Graduate School of Media Design and Mr. Chung Yang, Founder of Hangame Japan Co., Ltd. (currently LINE Co., Ltd.) and Cocone Corporation (Current Chairman of the Board.
The prominent companies which had representation at the event were NBC Universal Entertainment Japan LLC, Tokyo City University YOKOHAMA CAMPUS, Global Brain, Sanrio Company, Ltd. , JETRO, SBI Investment Co., Ltd. , Aucfan Co.,Ltd. , Free Consultant , TAKA Occupational Physician’s Office, MIYAKO CAPITAL Co.,Ltd. , NTT Docomo Inc. , SUHO Co.,Ltd. , Watcha Japan Inc. , KDDI CORPORATION, nagomi-sns Inc. , reed exhibitions japan ltd. , HM WAY Inc. , MDL , Shimizu Group. , SPO Entertainment Inc. , PHENIX CO.,LTD. , Keishin Estate Inc. , KOTRA , TELEPACK co.,ltd. , SALMIX Co.,Ltd. , M-ON! Entertainment Inc., UTEC Co.,Ltd. , Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. , GMO Internet, Inc. , KeyWeb Corporation , NTT DATA INTELLILINK Corporation , MIROKU JYOHO SERVICE CO., LTD. , TV TOKYO Corporation , Asahi Broadcasting Group Holdings Corporation , USEN-NEXT-HOLDINGS Co.,Ltd. , Digital Hollywood Co.,Ltd. , Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc. , Japan Broadcasting Corporation.
The 10 Korean startups that participated in the event came from various specialized areas like VR, AR, Video, IT, etc. The startups that attended the event and presented their service were:
2) Brandnew Tech: The startup an AI-enabled logo design platform- Vivivik. The website provides access to a variety of design services and templates for business cards, leaflets, and stickers to businesses.
3) Clean Green: The Korean cosmetic startup, is coming up with a unique beauty app – Ojo Blind where women are given free samples of six products and then they vote the best suited to them using the app.
4) Doongle: The startup has created an app for the traveling community to make friends in foreign destinations.
5) Dooribun: It is a professional AR/VR production company that offers 5G AR technology across media platforms.
6) Marvrus: This Seoul based Edu-tech startup makes learning English easier with Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality tools.
7) mLabs: The startup has developed the mStuv’s app that allows users to search, tag and shop while watching videos.
8) NeoComix: The startup has a platform that gives an opportunity to webtoonists to reach out to a global audience at an extremely competitive price.
9) Voithru: It’s service JAMAKE offers YouTubers video subtitles, meta translation and data analysis that help them to influence the audience.
10) xSync: The startup has a unique event management tool that helps event organizers to create & manage events quickly and easily.