For pet parents, health of their pooches and cats are of utmost importance. However, when it comes to selecting a perfect veterinary hospital, which is affordable and clean can be a difficult task. Medical expenses for pets healthcare are quite high in Korea and many pet parents find the lot of differences in the already exorbitant prices among various vet clinics. So then how do one choose a vet clinic that can meet all demands – affordable rates & proper medical services? Korean startup Procyon has developed an app Pet Price, that allows pet parents to receive a comparative estimate of pet medical expenses.
Compare Vet Hospital prices
Pet Price is Korea’s first veterinary hospital treatment cost comparison service, which gives customized quote service for dogs and cats. Pet Price allows you to compare medical quotes from different hospitals and decide on a safe and affordable veterinary hospital for your pet in just one minute. The app has a Companion Animal Guardian Review Community in which you can check the treatment/surgery reviews before making a reservation for a hospital. You can also share medical information and reviews of receiving treatment/surgery at the hospital.
Pet Price gives its users peace of mind as they can check out their nearest veterinary clinic and make a reservation at once. Users can request a quote from their favorite veterinary clinic by specifying the time and date you want. The service is 100% free with no fees from customized veterinary quotation to a reservation; the user only has to pay for the pet’s treatment/surgery fee at the veterinary hospital. If there are any additional charges, the app will notify you in advance. If the hospitals post false information on their service price on the site, their pet price is permanently restricted. If you don’t like the veterinary clinic you checked after booking, the app can help you cancel your reservation from reservation time and before you visit the clinic. The app is available for both Android and IOS users.
How it works?
With PetPrice, booking a veterinary hospital has never been easier. You can book a reservation for your pet through these four easy steps.
- Request a Quote– You can quickly get a quote by selecting only your pet’s a treatment/surgical subject, such as neutralization surgery, patella dislocation surgery, scaling, blood test, and the desired area.
- Received estimate confirmation– Once you request a quote, veterinarians at various hospitals check the request for an estimate and send the estimate for treatment/surgical expenses along with their opinions. You can easily compare the quoted cost with the sentiment.
- Hospital reservation– When you find an animal hospital you like, you can make a reservation right from the Pet Price app. Based on the schedule you request, the Pet Price team will help you make appointments for treatment/surgery.
- Treatment Review– After treatment, you can leave a review on the site to help other pet guardians select your preferred animal hospital.
With more than 100 million won in secured investments, the Korean startup Procyon is set to take the big-data-based, companion animal e-commerce market by storm. As of June 2020, its pioneer product, Pet Price, already had over 8000 subscribers and worked with over 700 veterinary clinics.
In last quarter of 2020, the platform received 500 million won ($ 420k) investment from Kudos Ventures. With the attracted investment, the company wants to expand the hospital partnership to 1,500 hospitals and aggregate the pet-related data.
Procyon’s primary short-term strategy is to increase the number of Pet Price subscribers to over 10, 000 by the end of the first quarter of 2021. The startup is also seeking to expand its services to the Asian market, specifically China, through partnerships and gaining exposure through startup and tech events such as COMEUP 2020, Seoul 2021 Venture Capital World Summit, and many more. According to the startup’s CEO, Hong Sung Park, “We are currently making in-roads in the Korean medical treatment market for companion animals valued at 700 billion KRW. After which we will expand the use of Pet Price to the Asian and other international markets.”
- Korean startup BEMYPET making pet-companionship fun for children with entertaining content
- Korean startup AIET Co. Ltd.’s developing advanced IRIS recognition technology products for smart security solutions
- Korean startup BEMYPET’s CEO Hyunjin Sung: Experience of pet parenting inspired me to launch a unique pet-content platform
- Varram’s gift for pet lovers – a smart pet fitness robot