Day one at the ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’ started with lessons on building community for brand awareness and marketing for ten enterprising startups selected for the program. The six-week workshop ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’, organized by Korea Business Angels Association, will be held from July 22 to August 26, 2021, with a combination of offline/online sessions. The workshop will prepare the 10 early-stage startups for overseas expansion, setting up countries, establishing strategies for advancement, creating IR decks, and practicing pitching in English.
Sunny Midha a US-based growth investor, media & tech M&A Advisor, and principal investor Principia Growth, led the day one session at the program. In the first half of the program, around 90 minutes, Midha mentored the startups about the importance of community building strategies, and in the second half the startups presented their businesses and services. The first-day session on July 22 was entirely online, while subsequent sessions will be mix of online/offline lessons and workshops.
For the community building mentoring session, Sunny elaborated about various brand building and community building exercises that can benefit the startups. He emphasized that the startups should focus on building meaningful community relations and engage the consumers. He cited examples of leading social media campaigns, corporates, and startups that are doing well in building community. The startups were able to put up their queries and exchange their ideas throughout the session. Midha explained different strategies for B2C, B2B, B2G, and the importance of digital marketing.
The ten startups, which are participating in the ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’ are as follows:
- Deepscent: The startup provides custom scented services through Fragrance On-Demand (FoD) technology. It combines customer scent preference data accumulated from FoD services with IoT smart home, olfactory environmental data, and biometric data to expand its service to (1)B2C smart home FoD service (2)B2B Fragrance as a service (FaaS) service (3)FoD sleep care service.
- Deep Hearing: It has AI-based technology to make a speech, sound clear even in a noisy atmosphere. The startup provides voice enhancement solutions to manufacturing and service companies such as video conferencing platforms, mobile phone providers, and tablet PC manufacturers.
- Mirint: The startup provides an allergic rhinitis treatment/prevention medical device that improves symptoms of allergic rhinitis by using low-power laser therapy (LLLT) and provides AI based customized prevention information. It is dubbed as a next-generation rhinitis treatment device that can prevent allergic rhinitis.
- Weddell: The startup simplifies the access to parenting information through a single mobile platform. Currently, Weddell provides professional content and recommended products based on data and AI and plans to provide ease on parenting and every decision they make.
- Alsemy: The startup is developing AI-based semiconductor device modeling EDA software, allowing fast and accurate modeling of devices by non-expert users. Alsemy’s solution dramatically reduces time from device technology development to chip fabrication, with better prediction of hardware characteristics. The first software is expected to be released in 3Q 2021.
- Espreso Media: The startup provides deep learning based super-resolution services, which can restore damaged images and create higher resolution contents. Its services can be customized to use in various industries such as surveillance, media, e-learning and medical field.
- Klleon: The startup has developed Deep-learning based video-generating SaaS for companies. The S/W product can generate voices, images, and videos using scarce sets of data with the few-shot learning technology.
- Omolle: Omolle’s MATIV is a connected fitness service using the smart mat. Nearly 7,700 pressure sensors in the smart mat monitor the movement of the user. And then MATIV’s AI technology provides various feedback and interaction depending on the workout situation to help users work out enjoyably.
- Y.TECH: The startup deals with every ceramic electronic parts, especiallly is specializing in LTCC foundry service, manufacturing components for 5g repeater, mm-wave band antenna and module.
- JONGDAL Lab:The start up makes sourcing of fashion subsidiary materials and fabrics easier. Using AI image search technology, they shorten database registration process and search/recommend items with just a picture. Customers can search more than 900,000 items on the application ‘Buja Market’.
The TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021 program is being held online/offline at TIPS Town in Seoul(TIPS Hall, B1). There will be one workshop/lecture of about three hours duration every week starting from July 22 to August 26. On July 29, Brand/Marketing session will be held where the startups will be mentored about marketing growth KPI calculation (+ Matrix) & how to track current marketing performance.
- 10 Korean startups selected for ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’; to get lessons for global expansion
- SGSC Global Bootcamp 2021 sessions end; Participating Korean startups’ final pitch on June 24th
- South Korea’s government aims to attract global startups with its residency and acceleration program
- Korean accelerator FuturePlay partners with ITB to explore investment in Indonesia startups