Gyeonggi Startup Hub Global Accelerating Program 2022 is nurturing 10 Korean startups to strengthen their abilities to enter the global market and support them to settle in the overseas market. The Gyeonggi Startup Hub Global Accelerating Program 2022 is organized by Gyeonggido Business & Science Accelerator (GBSA) and will be hosted online this year.
This year the accelerating program began in June and will culminate with a Global Roadshow on September 26 and 27 and Global Demo Day on October 13. Ten Korean startups in the Gyeonggi province were selected for the program and have been mentored on various aspects to help them enter international markets.
Market fit verification for startup companies (pre-diagnosis)
Ten enterprising Korean startups started their mentoring journey in June 2022. They were mentored on establishing entry strategies suitable for target country markets. From June 3 to July 1, 2022, the startups had a pre-diagnosis – a market fit verification program. Experts diagnosed the startups to determine their sustainability for entering foreign country markets.
Consultation for IR Deck
The startups then had consultation sessions from July 6 to August 10, 2022, in which they were mentored to redesign or advance their designs for English IR presentations. They were helped with translation and IR English preparation with consideration of business markets of target foreign countries. They were supported to develop IR presentation capabilities for global targeting by enhancing their IR Deck configuration.
Demonstration of IR
On August 5, the ten companies were prepared for the IR deck demonstration. Mock IR for investors was conducted with domestic and foreign experts guiding the startups. The startups were prepared for global roadshows for global investors to explore more possibilities for entering the international market.
One Page IR Report
The startups were given support to prepare for creating and translating a one-page IR Proposal that introduces the company to potential buyers and investors in each country the company wants to enter. The sessions were held from August 10 to August 24.
The Gyeonggi Startup Hub Global Accelerating Program 2022 will organize a Global Business Matching Roadshow from September 26 to 27 for the ten participating companies. The remote conferencing session will help startups network to enter overseas markets.
Global Demo Day
The Gyeonggi Startup Hub Global Accelerating Program 2022 will conduct its final event, the Global Demo Day, on October 13. The Gyeonggi Startup Hub Demo Day is an investment Program and Global accelerating program that provides Korean startups marketing opportunities, network building and funding opportunities.
The online video conferencing will allow startups to conduct IR presentations. The event is mainly to showcase the program development results and attract investment opportunities by inviting more than 25 leading domestic and foreign investors.
The Global Demo Day will host 25 investment experts (over 40% overseas investors). There will be simultaneous interpretation booths that can be viewed by all related organizations at home and abroad. After the end of the open IR, investment experts and investment consultation meetings will also be held to discuss the need for improvement in IR presentation and whether it is possible to review investments.
At the program’s culmination, three outstanding companies will be awarded, with the total award amount being 30 million won.
The Ten Startups that are selected for the Gyeonggi Startup Hub Global Accelerating Program 2022 are:
- NeoAuto: It is Korea’s leading RV company offering caravans, motor homes and tiny homes. NeoAuto supplies smart RVs for various purposes.
- Letitu: The startup is a comprehensive education platform providing a full range of tools to help high school students with everything related to university entrance, from time planning, essay guidance, customized curriculums, to college application advice.
- Bumyeong: The startup has developed battery diagnostics and monitoring solution for manufacturing industry.
- Vlogr: It is an online video editor SaaS with collaboration features and plugins ecosystem.
- APELLES: The company has developed ESL (Electronic Shelf Labeling) solution driven by mobile App. under the brand name TikTag.
- Tacticalist: The startup has developed a military-grade individual battery solution for USB-type charging devices, based on special forces experiences.
- Pi-xcels : The startup provides offline retailers insightful data through a patented NFC device technology that seamlessly issues e-receipts to customers.
- K-BioCELF: The health-tech startup works to offer advance solutions for treatment and diagnosis of various diseases like Autoimmune diseases, cancer, and bio-production automation equipment (CTC/cell incubator).
- PURRIT : The brand uses robotic technology to improve the quality of life for pets and support pet owners. PURRIT entered the market with great success in crowdfunding in the United States and Japan. The product PURRAIR is a portable air purifier and SCUBIC is an automatic cat litterbox.
- ERANGTEK: The company offers solution to improvise 5G network communication.