APELLES, Inc. (CEO Choi Min-woong), a developer of TikTag, an electronic display device powered by a mobile application, won the Grand Prize and Bronze Prize at the Seoul International Invention Fair 2023. The competition was co-hosted by the Korea Invention Promotion Association and the Korean Intellectual Property Office and was held at COEX in Gangnam, Seoul, from November 1 to 4.
APELLES provides products such as electronic price display solutions specialized for small and medium-sized retail stores, electronic nameplates and name boards that can be used in smart offices, and electronic labels that can be used in smart factories.
A total of 484 inventions from 26 countries around the world were submitted to the 2023 Seoul International Invention Exhibition, and all participants participated in the competition to show their passion for invention. The inventions submitted from home and abroad were displayed at a total of 250 booths in the exhibition hall, and judges composed of experts in various fields evaluated them on the spot and awarded outstanding works.
Choi Min-woong, CEO of APELLES, said, “TikTag is a mobile price label solution optimized for small and medium-sized retail stores or franchise stores, with a cloud-based web server. We have filed two domestic patents related to the original technology of this service. We also plan to use our grand prize win as a springboard to provide better services on a broader scale than our competitors’ network solutions”.
APELLES’ TikTag solution has the advantage that anyone can easily operate the price labels by simply installing an electronic device in the store and downloading a mobile application. In addition, the service is being expanded to make this solution applicable to smart factories.
APELLE’s headquarters are in the Pangyo Startup Zone, established by the Ministry of SMEs and Startups and operated by the Korea Institute of Startup & Entrepreneurship Development and the Gyeonggi Center for Creative Economy & Innovation.
For inquiries and connections with Korean tech companies mentioned in this article, contact us at [email protected]. We’re here to facilitate valuable partnerships.
- Korean Edutech startups Sling & Visang Education in a ‘plagiarism’ row over app design
- Interview with Ceyeon Kim, CEO of zetciti: He hopes That PREZEM, a Location-based Hyper-connected Social Media, Will Break Down Boundaries and Communicate Around the World
- MOU for cooperation with Gosung Engineering and autonomous robot business with ‘Calmantec’, an omnidirectional autonomous driving mobile robot platform
- Goorm, an IT Education Platform, Launches Its “goormthon Training” Service to Nurture IT Experts
- PixelRo Showcases Digital Eye Care Solutions at Thailand’s 2023 G-FAIR ASEAN+ Event