The third-week session on Sales and Distribution of the ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’, held on August 5, was led by global experts Aaron Everhart, Country Lead for Vietnam at Draper Startup House and Stephen Stromsoe, founder of Stromsoe Consulting, Ireland. In an all-online session, the mentors shared essential strategies, tips, and advice to the 10 participating Korean startups about sales and distribution needed for global expansion.
The six-week program ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’, organized by Korea Business Angels Association, is held from July 22 to August 26, 2021, with a combination of offline/online sessions. The program will prepare the 10 early-stage startups for overseas expansion, setting up countries, establishing strategies for advancement, creating IR decks, and practicing pitching in English.
Sales conversation; Metrics & LinkedIn
The third-week workshop started with a presentation about ‘Sales Conversation’ by Stephen Stromsoe. Stephen Stromsoe has been helping small and medium businesses get more clients with predictability. Stephe has been helping Irish startups and companies get better at their sales strategy. In his presentation to the Korean startups, Stephen talked about the importance of properly handling sales calls. He explained how a step-wise sales strategy is needed for reaching goals and growth. He emphasized aspects like listening to the client, gathering information, helping customers realize the problem, providing the solution, and leading the conversation to sales.
Stephen Stromsoe also talked about LinkedIn Sales and why businesses should pay attention to their LinkedIn Profiles and connections. He explained about short term and long-term benefits of LinkedIn, putting out relevant posts on the network and making quality connections over quantity.
Aaron Everhart, Country Lead for Vietnam at Draper Startup House, talked to the Korean startups about sales metrics or measuring sales growth. He showed a sales dashboard and talked about various parts of the dashboard. Aaron explained how to utilize a sales dashboard and how it can help make multiple sales decisions like adjusting for bonuses, goal setting, growth, target, revenues, etc. The second part of the entire 3-hour session had the 10 startups interact with the mentors and present their sales strategies one-on-one. Each startup got relevant feedback on its sales strategies.
The ten startups, which are participating in the ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’ are as follows:
- Deepscent: The startup provides custom scented services through Fragrance On-Demand (FoD) technology. It combines customer scent preference data accumulated from FoD services with IoT smart home, olfactory environmental data, and biometric data to expand its service to (1)B2C smart home FoD service (2)B2B Fragrance as a service (FaaS) service (3)FoD sleep care service.
- Deep Hearing: It has AI-based technology to make a speech, sound clear even in a noisy atmosphere. The startup provides voice enhancement solutions to manufacturing and service companies such as video conferencing platforms, mobile phone providers, and tablet PC manufacturers.
- Mirint: The startup provides an allergic rhinitis treatment/prevention medical device that improves symptoms of allergic rhinitis by using low-power laser therapy (LLLT) and provides AI based customized prevention information. It is dubbed as a next-generation rhinitis treatment device that can prevent allergic rhinitis.
- Weddell: The startup simplifies the access to parenting information through a single mobile platform. Currently, Weddell provides professional content and recommended products based on data and AI and plans to provide ease on parenting and every decision they make.
- Alsemy: The startup is developing AI-based semiconductor device modeling EDA software, allowing fast and accurate modeling of devices by non-expert users. Alsemy’s solution dramatically reduces time from device technology development to chip fabrication, with better prediction of hardware characteristics. The first software is expected to be released in 3Q 2021.
- Espreso Media: The startup provides deep learning based super-resolution services, which can restore damaged images and create higher resolution contents. Its services can be customized to use in various industries such as surveillance, media, e-learning and medical field.
- Klleon: The startup has developed Deep-learning based video-generating SaaS for companies. The S/W product can generate voices, images, and videos using scarce sets of data with the few-shot learning technology.
- Omolle: Omolle’s MATIV is a connected fitness service using the smart mat. Nearly 7,700 pressure sensors in the smart mat monitor the movement of the user. And then MATIV’s AI technology provides various feedback and interaction depending on the workout situation to help users work out enjoyably.
- Y.TECH: The startup deals with every ceramic electronic parts, especiallly is specializing in LTCC foundry service, manufacturing components for 5g repeater, mm-wave band antenna and module.
- JONGDAL Lab:The start up makes sourcing of fashion subsidiary materials and fabrics easier. Using AI image search technology, they shorten database registration process and search/recommend items with just a picture. Customers can search more than 900,000 items on the application ‘Buja Market’.
The TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021 program is being held online/offline at TIPS Town in Seoul(TIPS Hall, B1). There will be one workshop/lecture of about three hours duration every week starting from July 22 to August 26. The next session in the program is on August 12, which will be about team building.
- ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’ program for Korean startups’ second-week session covers marketing & branding
- 10 Korean startups selected for ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’; to get lessons for global expansion
- South Korea’s government aims to attract global startups with its residency and acceleration program