The ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’ program entered its second-week workshop on July 29 for 10 Korean startups as they got tips on effective marketing. The six-week program ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’, organized by Korea Business Angels Association, is being held from July 22 to August 26, 2021, with a combination of offline/online sessions. The program will prepare the 10 early-stage startups for overseas expansion, setting up countries, establishing strategies for advancement, creating IR decks, and practising pitching in English.
‘Recognize your audience, marketing message values & growth’
For the second workshop, the mentor was Eugene Noh. Eugene is currently Deputy Director at the NUS Enterprise, Singapore, running various startup programs there. He has vast experience with Korean startups, venture firms and training programs, accelerators for startups at top universities, including at his alma mater UC Berkley. Eugene mentored the startup founders about the importance of marketing and branding for businesses. Eugene gave various examples of different companies and their marketing strategies to help the startups understand various topics like marketing growth, tracking growth, creating appealing marketing messages, knowing the target audience – B2B or B2C, engaging in PR activity, etc.
The second part of the session had the 10 startups interact with Eugene on a one-on-one basis. The startup founders and team members presented their marketing and branding strategies to Eugene and got feedback to improvise and enhance their plans. Both the sessions were online and for about 90 minute duration each.
The ten startups, which are participating in the ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’ are as follows:
- Deepscent: The startup provides custom scented services through Fragrance On-Demand (FoD) technology. It combines customer scent preference data accumulated from FoD services with IoT smart home, olfactory environmental data, and biometric data to expand its service to (1)B2C smart home FoD service (2)B2B Fragrance as a service (FaaS) service (3)FoD sleep care service.
- Deep Hearing: It has AI-based technology to make a speech, sound clear even in a noisy atmosphere. The startup provides voice enhancement solutions to manufacturing and service companies such as video conferencing platforms, mobile phone providers, and tablet PC manufacturers.
- Mirint: The startup provides an allergic rhinitis treatment/prevention medical device that improves symptoms of allergic rhinitis by using low-power laser therapy (LLLT) and provides AI based customized prevention information. It is dubbed as a next-generation rhinitis treatment device that can prevent allergic rhinitis.
- Weddell: The startup simplifies the access to parenting information through a single mobile platform. Currently, Weddell provides professional content and recommended products based on data and AI and plans to provide ease on parenting and every decision they make.
- Alsemy: The startup is developing AI-based semiconductor device modeling EDA software, allowing fast and accurate modeling of devices by non-expert users. Alsemy’s solution dramatically reduces time from device technology development to chip fabrication, with better prediction of hardware characteristics. The first software is expected to be released in 3Q 2021.
- Espreso Media: The startup provides deep learning based super-resolution services, which can restore damaged images and create higher resolution contents. Its services can be customized to use in various industries such as surveillance, media, e-learning and medical field.
- Klleon: The startup has developed Deep-learning based video-generating SaaS for companies. The S/W product can generate voices, images, and videos using scarce sets of data with the few-shot learning technology.
- Omolle: Omolle’s MATIV is a connected fitness service using the smart mat. Nearly 7,700 pressure sensors in the smart mat monitor the movement of the user. And then MATIV’s AI technology provides various feedback and interaction depending on the workout situation to help users work out enjoyably.
- Y.TECH: The startup deals with every ceramic electronic parts, especiallly is specializing in LTCC foundry service, manufacturing components for 5g repeater, mm-wave band antenna and module.
- JONGDAL Lab:The start up makes sourcing of fashion subsidiary materials and fabrics easier. Using AI image search technology, they shorten database registration process and search/recommend items with just a picture. Customers can search more than 900,000 items on the application ‘Buja Market’.
The TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021 program is being held online/offline at TIPS Town in Seoul(TIPS Hall, B1). There will be one workshop/lecture of about three hours duration every week starting from July 22 to August 26. The next session in the program is on August 5, which will talk about sales and distribution.
- 10 Korean startups selected for ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’; to get lessons for global expansion
- South Korea’s government aims to attract global startups with its residency and acceleration program