KOCCA – Korea Creative Content Agency successfully organized LAUNCHPAD LA 2019 in Los Angeles, California, US, from November 11-19. The event was organized to support Korean startups with networking and business opportunities in the USA and had 9 startups participating in the program. The Korean startups had an opportunity to pitch their business prospects, products, and services to potential partners and investors in the USA at the program.
The KOCCA LAUNCHPAD LA 2019 had pitching sessions, coaching sessions, VC meetings, workshops, etc., for startups spread over an 8-day period from November 11 to 19. Most of the events were organized at the co-working space Ethos Society in LA. Participants also got a tour of YouTube Space and interactive sessions with prominent persons like Chang Kim, CEO of Tapas Media & Jason Lee, CEO of Jubilee Media.
On 19th November, KOCCA held “K-Content Startup Showcase in LA 2019” for the startups to pitch their ideas and products. The event received a great response from VCs, investors and prominent people who met the Korean entrepreneurs. “The KOCCA showcase was a great event highlighting entrepreneurs emerging in Korea and America. I am very excited to support this ecosystem and the growing community,” said Charles Hung, Co-Founder of the Ethos Society. “I think it was a well-organized event. There are lots of exciting companies with huge potential. I look forward to next year’s event as well,” said David Lee, Chairman of Refactor Capital. The investors and VCs were impressed by the growth of Korean startups. Young J. Kim of TroyGould said, “I feel like the Korean startups in last 5 years have become more global, a lot more sophisticated and their business model has better developed. In the last five years, they were having an idea, but now they are execution oriented.”
KOCCA LAUNCHPAD LA 2019 was organised with KOCCA’s USA mission and in partnership with BAM Ventures and Strong Ventures.
The Nine Startups that participated in the KOCCA-Launchpad 2019 in Los Angeles were:
1) Jjalkey – The startup has developed a chat-app -Veam by that allows users to utilise airdrop messenger technology. Users can search for images, photo-markup or text inside the app itself and also create a chatroom.
2) Muzlive – This Korean startup provides physical music media through a device KiT, that can play music on any smart devices. MuzLive releases albums through KiT for global music fans.
3) Persona Media – This startup about serves brands, influencers by connecting them for marketing in Korea, China and the US.
4) Socialerus – It is Korea’s largest YouTube big-data platform which combines AI technology. Socialerus’ unique system works on Microsoft cloud Azure and has accumulated over a billion data since June 2017.
5) Stipop– It is a new content-based social platform, where people can share their creativity using emoticons, stickers, etc. The smart content categorising system offers the chance to choose different cultures, languages, age groups and gender for a highly personalised experience.
6) Tag – The startup has developed a fishing competition app FishingTAG for fishing enthusiasts. It enables anglers who cannot participate in fishing events due to the limitations of location and time to get a platform to compete with thousands of other participants.
7) The Moon – The startup has introduced a small handy makeup kit for women with name Blessed Moon. It has all makeup essentials fitted in a compact box that can be easily carried in purses.
8) Threeo1 – The startup’s platform Pinafore offers DIY baking kits to its patrons so they need not worry about measurements and recipes. With Pinafore baking kit, essential tools for baking and pre-measured ingredients are included with step by step recipe cards and video guides, which eases the home baker’s work significantly.
9) Willim – The startup has developed a travel journal 3linediary app that helps users capture their life experiences in three lines and a photo. 3linediary, the brainchild of computer engineer Bae Joon-ho, was launched in 2016 through his personal experience of diary writing during a round-the-world trip.