Industrial workplaces are mostly dependent on the human workforce as it requires operating machines, managing production lines, packaging, safety measures, etc. Though with advancement, most mechanical work has been digitized, it becomes difficult to not have any human supervision, especially in times of a pandemic. In COVID-19 times, most people have been assigned to ‘work from home,’ but how can managing machines be possible remotely?
Korean company VIRNECT has a solution using Augmented Reality (AR), where it is possible to manage and supervise the industrial site functioning remotely. VIRNECT, a company with extensive industrial AR and digital twin technology expertise, applies AR technologies on industrial sites that make remote working possible and efficient. VIRNECT, officially launched AR solution 2.0 of its technology recently, consisting of products VIRNECT Remote, Make, View, and Workstation.
VIRNECT’s Products & version 2.0 update
VIRNECT applies AR technologies on industrial sites to improve problems considering three factors – Saving, Safety, and Smartness. VIRNECT’s solutions ensure customers get essential information about the work process, facility drawing operation data, and other things, remotely from wherever they are. The system also gives enhanced safety awareness and danger of alert information. Customers can receive real-time field situation information and data, make immediate decisions, and save unnecessary costs and time consumption.
VIRNECT had launched “VIRNECT Make ver. 1.0” Solution for industrial AR content creation in 2018. The latest 2.0 update on the AR solution of 2020 is designed to facilitate remote working environments for companies undergoing an unprecedented crisis due to COVID-19. VIRNECT has applied updates to its following existing products are:
1) “VIRNECT Remote” is an AR multi-remote collaboration solution. It is a real-time remote co-working service that ensures the information and issues related to the field to be shared to deal with their works wherever they are immediate. “Remote” provides a “multi-communication system” that can be used on smart glass. Along with AR sharing functions and collaboration board features, it presents the fastest call response time in the industry. It guarantees HD level video quality even in low bandwidth environments. Remote can also be used through web browsers, smartphones, and tablet PC.
2) “VIRNECT Make” can produce and distribute AR contents. Make provides additional features that can add tables, graphs, animation, interaction, task lists, and responsive documents to the original non-coding AR contents. It is an All-In-One tool that enables users to make, distribute, and modify the AR contents used for various industrial devices.
3) “VIRNECT View” visualizes field information through AR. View visualizes AR contents and registered task lists such as work manual or safety guide and operation data from IoT produced through Make for diverse targets. Users can write tasks and register trouble memos. Users can also place AR contents on specific locations though the AR content editing function (move, rotate, zoom in/out).
4) “VIRNECT Workstation” is an AR service for integrated management. Workstation is a newly released product for VIRNECT solution management. It provides user account settings, AR content lists, and job history management features.
Besides, the above-updated products VIRNECT has Twin, which is the product that can build up the industrial site as a virtual model and link it with the real field data, so that users can monitor the operating status and the process of the field. VIRNECT AR SDK is an AR engine that ensures fast and precise object learning, recognizing/detecting, and tracking. It can detect a target with more than 90% of accuracy and with a speed below 15ms. It also assures stability when it comes to content augmentation based on the SLAM engine. Installed within VIRNECT AR Products, VIRNECT AR SDK guarantees users superior performances.
Launch time offers & Company’s story.
With the launch of the updated 2.0 version, VIRNECT is providing a variety of promotions to the customers.
- All customers with VIRNECT webpage accounts will get a 30-day free trial for the new VIRNECT AR solution 2.0.
- Customers who purchased more than 3 product licenses for more than 3 months get Realwear Smart glasses and a mini Bluetooth keyboard.
- Customers who purchased for more than 6 months will get an additional 6-month lenience period.
- Upon application, customers who purchased VIRNECT Make get AR contents that are produced free of charge.
Ha Tae-jin, CEO of VIRNECT, announced, “The upgraded VIRNECT’s AR Solution 2.0 not only has the addition of various features but also focuses on making AR solutions easier for customers to use in their workplaces. We hope that this would be great news to customers looking forward to a new version.”
VIRNECT was established in 2016 to develop solutions for different industrial worksites problems through the application of AR technology. VIRNECT has successfully completed more than 109 projects for customers, including KEPCO, SK, LG, and Samsung. VIRNECT offers are currently applied in various fields like energy and resources, refinery and petrochemicals, automative, railways and aviation. VIRNECT has been rapidly expanding its business by attracting 9 billion won worth of series A investment.
- Korean startup Komachine revolutionizes the machine industry by taking it online
- Korean startup Kitronyx offers advanced pressure sensing solution for multiple purposes
- Top 3 economic changes that happened in South Korea during the Coronavirus wave
- Kitronyx founder Wook Chang talks about the importance of pressure-mapping in industrial manufacturing processes